Purpose: To provide music that is scripture based and that sustains the faith, and worship tht is a grand and joyous celebration of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To Provide music that is uplifting and suitable for the situation of occasion and will get attendees in a worshiping mood.
- To sing songs that call attention to who God is, and call for togetherness and fellowship.
- To sing songs that are familiar and participatory, and some that are a different style and tempo.
- To accept the responsibility to provide music at all church activities - on site and off site.To sing songs that worship, praise, honor, magnify, and thank God, and that specifically say so.
- To make sure that worship is a time of praise and thanksgiving, and that the attention and the focus are on God.
- To plan the worship but to allow the Holy Spirit to have its freedom.
- To strive to have everyone feel a part and to be given a chance to be active.
- To allow worshipers to hear the Word and to see it among Christians.
- To have such a worship that worshipers can be fed, full, touched, inspired, relieved and can say that they enjoyed it and received warmth and friendliness.
- To provide a variety of avenues through which persons are able to see and relate to Jesus Christ.
- To provide an environment and atmosphere most conducive to worship - including having organized and attractive physical surroundings with the least possible distractions, providing the most favorable conditions for meaningful worship experiences.
- To seek to be realistic in goal development and implementation, yet visionary in looking beyond the present situation and permitting God to take us to a higher level.
- Music Coordinator
- Music Staff
- Worship Leader
- Communications (tape, audio visual)
- Praise Team
- The Arts (dance, drama)
- Group for Preparatory Settings